Sunday 15 May 2016

Gift of Faith

following Romans 5:1–5 

You give us faith
to make us right
with You again.

You give us peace
to bring us home
to You again.

You give us grace
in which we stand,
in Your presence,
in Your love,
in Your honour.

Thus we withstand
our suffering,
and we endure;
we find resilience,
and we grow;
we develop character,
and we hope –
we hope, for Your love,
our faithful Holy One,
is poured into our hearts
through the Holy Spirit that has
been given to us.


You give us Your Spirit,
breath of life,
wind of flight.

You give us Your Wisdom,
welcoming light,
path of right relationship.

You give us Your Love,
source of life,
home each night of sorrow
and day of quite exquisite joy.

We stand in awe,
grateful for such gifts, inspired
to fly, to love, to shine light
in the world.

Thank you.

May it be so.

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sarah - I'll be using this prayer at Pilgrim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thank you. I love hearing where my prayers and poems travel :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this. I just read Sandy's intro to your poems and having heard her introduce Hugh Mackay's session I see that she too is great crafter of words. I appreciate you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenys. Sandy Boyce is indeed a fine crafter of words, I also appreciate her very much.

      You have a gift with words yourself, my friend, and for you I have much appreciation x

      Delete